Synopsis: A pushy boss (Sandra Bullock) forces her young assistant to marry her (Ryan Reynolds) in order to keep her Visa status in the U.S. and avoid deportation to Canada. (IMDB)
Review in short: Yuck. Pure formula, top to bottom. It’s without a hint of originality at any point in the film. The two leads are fine, but they aren’t engaging ever. The plot is about as science-fiction as the new ‘Transformers’ sequel, and if there was even a dash of winning humor or a single hearty moment – it would’ve been better. As is, it’s mediocre as can be, and worst of all, not funny.
Last 5 posts by Matt V
- Escape Plan - October 20th, 2013
- Captain Phillips - October 16th, 2013
- Gravity - October 15th, 2013
- Prisoners - October 15th, 2013
- World War Z - June 20th, 2013