Synopsis: A pushy boss (Sandra Bullock) forces her young assistant to marry her (Ryan Reynolds) in order to keep her Visa status in the U.S. and avoid deportation to Canada. (IMDB)
Review in short: Yuck. Pure formula, top to bottom. It’s without a hint of originality at any point in the film. The two leads are fine, but they aren’t engaging ever. The plot is about as science-fiction as the new ‘Transformers’ sequel, and if there was even a dash of winning humor or a single hearty moment – it would’ve been better. As is, it’s mediocre as can be, and worst of all, not funny.
Last 5 posts by Matt V
- Fast and Furious 6 - June 2nd, 2013
- Star Trek Into Darkness - May 19th, 2013
- Iron Man 3 - May 1st, 2013
- Pain and Gain - May 1st, 2013
- Oblivion - April 19th, 2013